KID smART is a learning community of artist educators passionate about expanding learning for New Orleans public school students through arts integration. We seek those who share our passion with energy and joy. As specific jobs become available they will be posted here.
KID smART seeks a Finance & Operations Manager to responsibly steward funds, manage the organization’s business and oversee the organization’s facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role in a non-profit organization, preferably with a focus on arts and education. The individual in this role will be tasked with ensuring that KID smART stays in 100% compliance with government regulations, internal policies and procedures, and funder/board requirements.
- Business Management:
- Executes all bookkeeping responsibilities: this includes processing of all accounts payable and receivables in a timely manner: receipts, bills, sub-grants, and invoices with 100% accuracy.
- Prepares for the annual audit: maintains accounting, files, procedures and reports throughout the year in preparation for the yearly audit, performs yearly audit prep and works with auditors during audit to produce a clean audit (no deficiencies or auditor-stated areas for improvement and minimal AJEs).
- Maintains an accurate and current accounting of the financial position of the organization: this includes timely and accurate processing of the monthly close checklist, including cost allocations, monthly and annual journal entries, deposits, invoicing, statement reconciliations, and departmental budget-to-actuals.
- Ensures compliance with donor requirements and wishes: ensures expenditures are properly allocated, maintains accurate budgets for every grant which are updated on a monthly basis, ensures that income is properly treated as either unrestricted, temporarily or permanently restricted funds, timely and accurate support to ED in budget preparation and pro-formas, and notifies the ED when grant budgets need amendments.
- Supports the Development team and Executive Director in fund development goals, reporting for funders and data management. Support staff with budget projections and tracking for grant reporting.
- Oversees contracting and payment ensuring that contracts are completed, work is invoiced and expenses recovered for existing contracts.
- HR compliance and administration: Manages all HR compliance, reviews and enters payroll, reviews benefit payments and withholdings on a monthly basis, updates PTO and reports to employees on a monthly basis, processes insurance policy changes, benefits management, processing of employee and contractor paperwork and contracts, updates approved HR policy changes, potential processing of employee time tracking, and provides administrative support as needed. Assist with hiring as needed.
- Board Support: Prepares reports that allow the ED and Board to better understand the current, past and future financial position of the organization, reports any items that require board or ED attention to the appropriate persons immediately. Attends Board and Finance Committee meetings as needed.
- Facility and Administration: Ensures the office space is consistently clean, organized, functional, and well-stocked. Answers phone and doors and distributes mail as needed.
- Assists with other requests made by the Executive Director as needed.
- Passion for accuracy, details, data, operations, procedures, administration, bookkeeping, financials, human resources, and KID smART’s mission.
- Attention to detail – Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Organization and planning – Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets time in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Organized and process oriented – Develops and constantly refines processes, policies and procedures for maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Self-starter – Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the organization.
- Analytical skills – Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Collaborative in nature with a positive attitude
- Minimum of a B.A., with a CPA or significant experience in bookkeeping.
- 4+ years of overall professional experience; ideally with nonprofit organizations.
- Familiarity with payroll and data tracking
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Experience with nonprofit grants management.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software, particularly Quickbooks and Excel.
A diverse workplace is highly valued and essential to KID smART’s mission. All high-achieving individuals encouraged to apply.
Compensation: $22 / hour
Schedule: 20 hours / week
To apply: Email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com by September 13th. In your cover letter, please explain how you heard about KID smART and your interest and qualifications in the position.