KID smART publications, frequently asked questions, sitemap, and more.
What is the KID smART origin story?
KID smART, the vision of artists Allison Stewart and Campbell Hutchinson, was founded in 1999 as a Saturday program in the visual arts serving twenty children in one school. In the past 17 years, KID smART has grown into an arts education initiative working in eleven schools through teacher training and instruction by teaching artists in both the visual and performing arts. KID smART has been, and remains, committed to sustainable growth, expanding services only as their quality can be supported by the organization’s resources.
What is the KID smART vision and mission?
The arts empower all children to unlock their full academic, creative and personal potential.
To engage children in dynamic, creative and rigorous learning through the arts.
We do this by:
- Partnering with K-8 public schools to embed professional teaching artists in classrooms.
- Increasing the capacity of teachers and professional teaching artists to deliver arts-integrated instruction that meets next generation academic standards.
- Creating and demonstrating models of excellence in arts-integrated instruction.
- Providing arts enrichment in afterschool and community-based programs.
- Working alongside others to advocate for the arts and broaden the conversation around the definition of student achievement.
Which New Orleans public schools are a part of the KID smART Creative Community?
Click here for a map of KID smART Creative Schools!
How can my school join the Creative Community?
How can I support KID smART?
KID smART programming is made possible by the generosity of its partners and friends. There are a variety of ways to give:
Make a one-time online donation through our secure PayPal account. It’s an easy process, and your gift will bring art and opportunity to young people throughout New Orleans!
Make a recurring donation to KID smART. Even $10 a month makes a big difference in our KID smART classrooms!
Join us for Cocktails for KID smART, a fun-filled evening celebrating arts, education, and our community of donors.
Double your impact by making a gift your employer will match! Contact Ann DeLorenzo at email@example.com or 504-940-1994 for more information.
Send a check to: KID smART, 1024 Elysian Fields Ave., New Orleans, LA 70117
Donate your car through a third-party service and designate KID smART as the beneficiary.